Hot Sails Maui Latest News
Link to website: Hot Sails Maui
- HOT Now Available at SX Watersports (UK) / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiThroughout the past months our network in the UK has been in development and we are very pleased to announce that Hot Sails Maui is now being carried by leading retailer SX WATERSPORTS who serve a thriving local busines ..
- The Super Freaky Paint Project / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiRecently we had the pleasure of meeting one of our long time riders from Colorado Jennifer Matsuura who wanted a project to keep her mind on windsurfing while enduring the cold winter on the mainland. While visiting Ma ..
- Learn to windsurf this summer? / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiWhether you have been wanting to learn yourself, teach a friend, a loved one or a child, make this summer be the time! This inspirational video sent to us by one of our schools PRO-INTRO based in Netherlands might give & ..
- Want to learn to TAKA? / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHot Sails Maui team rider from Belgium JONAS HANDEKYN is a master of takas and this neat sequence will give you some idea of how the move should be completed. For this and more check out his active BLOG. More … Con ..
- Meet the HOT Riders: Leon Jamaer’s Blog / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiIn a new series of posts we will highlight a number of our Pro and International team riders by presenting their blogs and social media feeds. First up in this new series is Pro Wave Team rider LEON JAMAER who was ̷ ..
- Comment on New Firelight Color – You decide & win a t-shirt! by Jeff / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHot pink, but change the orange battens and print to black or maybe a royal blue. ..
- Comment on New Firelight Color – You decide & win a t-shirt! by Raf / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiPink, definitely !!!! ..
- Comment on Caption Contest (win a Hot Sails Maui t-shirt) by Piero Colimodio / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiIn the middle of the action, begin a blues reef, and i hear the sound from the beach. ..
- Comment on Caption Contest (win a Hot Sails Maui t-shirt) by gildas / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiShould I stay or should I go !!...?? ..
- Interact with team HOT on INSTAGRAM / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiWe recently asked a few of our team riders to start working with INSTAGRAM so that you the windsurfing public can see what we are up to around the world on a daily basis, you can see what we see … Continue reading ..
- Meet the HOT riders – Katie McAnena chats with Portuguese Slalom Champion Franz Orsi / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiDuring this new series Katie McAnena will interview and introduce a number of the Hot Sails Maui International & Pro team riders, during her training trip to Maui she caught up with Portuguese Slalom Champion 2012 F ..
- Makaha: The Australian Ho’okipa / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiWindsurfing legend and Hot Sails Maui Australian team rider Jessica Crisp went in search and found a gem right on her doorstep! “You would think at my age and all the years I have been windsurfing I would have wave ..
- Mauritius – Windsurfing heaven with a beautiful SuperFreak / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiThis movie captures the beauty of the waves we love filmed on location in Mauritius Seva and his crew are in heaven with their SuperFreaks. Want to add colors like these to your session then check out the SuperFreak webp ..
- Morgan Noireaux joins Hot Sails Maui / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiWe are very pleased to announce that 18 yr old Maui based ripper Morgan Noireaux has signed with Hot Sails Maui with immediate effect. This news was published on our Facebook page at the weekend but now Maui has wind ..
- The Dusk Patrol – Cape Town 2013 Video with Henrik Jamaer / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHenrik Jamaer has just released this video from his winter training in Cape Town, impressive waves, jumping and radical action mixed together with a cool sound track, sit back and enjoy! More to follow… ..
- Comment on GPX – The All New No-Cam Freeride – Sneak Peak by Domenico / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails Mauihi chris and tkx for your reply. I didn't non about that but in order to that shape I really hope you give a different graphics colour combinations. I'm looking forward to see the final graph. because your la ..
- Comment on GPX – The All New No-Cam Freeride – Sneak Peak by walter / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHi Chris, I agree with Domenico, you have to take care of graphics, you were ahead with superfreaks, but race and freeride sails are not attractive: improve designs, do it! Aloha! ..
- Comment on New Firelight Color – You decide & win a t-shirt! by David Neira / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiThere is already a lot of red on the range. PINK would be a niiiice option. Saludos desde España!! ..
- Comment on Cape Town Extremes!!! by Erik Lucas / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiEnjoyed watching Debbie at Big Bay 14/01/13 ..
- Comment on New Firelight Color – You decide & win a t-shirt! by Jesper / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiWhat's wrong with Barbie doll accessories, more than that they are to small? ..
- UK Wave Champion Interviewed – Debbie Kennedy / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiBoards Magazine (UK) caught up with Hot Sails Maui team rider Debby Kennedy, 2012 & 2010 UK Wave Champion in this extremely interesting article which looks at her career, views on training and future plans. Thanks to ..
- Jonas Ripping Apart South Africa in 2013 / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiAn amazing video of Jonas ripping it up in Cape Town this winter, great to see GoPro and water footage, amazing upwind 360s, massive backloops, takas and more… More to follow… ..
- Diony’s Mystic Peru video trailer / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHot Sails Maui team rider Diony visited last Peru last year during which he made an appearance on the AWT as well as putting a documentary film together. This trailer gives us snapshot of what to expect and personally I ..
- Want to land better back loops, watch how Kauli does it! / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiWant to fly like Kauli? Check out this great slow motion back loop and get some tips on how to improve your hight, your style and your landing as Kauli soars above Maui’s beautiful waters. Note how close his head ̷ ..
- Foiling Fun in 8 knots of wind! / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHot Sails Maui’s Jeff Henderson gives us a glimpse of life riding a foil board at Camp One in Maui on a light wind day. With just 8 knots of wind blowing and a 5.3m SuperFreak Maui Ed. Jeff glides … Continue ..
- Caption Contest (win a Hot Sails Maui t-shirt) / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiAll too often we post perfect images of our riders pulling off great moves around the world! Today I wanted to do something a little different and hence this fun competition. Write your caption for this image of Chris Fr ..
- Cape Town Extremes!!! / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHot Sails Maui team rider and two time UK wave champion Debbie Kennedy sent us this report from her recent winter Cape Town adventure. “When there’s wind, its full power crazy, when the waves are big they close o ..
- Tramontana Windsurf School on Maui / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiRunning a windsurf school in France from April to November, Mélanie and Mirco have the winter time to spend some weeks on Maui to improve their own skills, test the newest sails and work closely with the team at Hot ..
- HOT Ho’okipa Highlights / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiWith wind and a few waves the Hot Sails Maui crew have been making the most of it, this gallery of Jimmie Hepp photos gives a taste of the action featured are: Glenn, Giampaolo, Chris, Heike & Colin. With wind and & ..
- FUN AT HOME… Giovanni Passani I-139 / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHot Sails Maui Italian team rider Giovanni Passani gives us a look at his home spot as he trains hard with his Freestyle Pro. We look forward to seeing more action in the weeks ahead! More to follow… ..
- What does 44 knots at West Kirby feel like? / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiEver wondered what 44 knots actually feels and looks like? Recent signing Steve Thorp takes us down the wall at West Kirby (UK) with his harness mount during one of his runs which had a top peak speed of over … Con ..
- Bon Tardi Freestyle Video from Curacao / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHot Sails Maui rising freestyle star Rafael de Windt sent us his new video which documents his winter training. Rafael has one of the business schedules of our team with plans to complete at the following events; The Aru ..
- QU4D arrives in Maui store / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiA very limited number of the all new ultra compact QU4Ds arrived at our Maui head office this morning and will be available in the store very soon. As we only have such limited numbers if you want to grab one … Co ..
- MapleFreaks for Windsurf Canada (SPECIAL OFFER) / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiIn 2012 Dave from Windsurf Canada suggested that we make some very special MapleFreak designs, we agreed that it was a great idea and the offer which enabled customers to get a discount on multiple sails and masts proved ..
- Irish Ripper Katie McAnena joins Hot Sails Maui / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHot Sails Maui is extremely pleased to announce that Irish ripper and media magnet Katie McAnena has joined the International Wave Team with immediate effect. Katie spent many months in the USA in 2012 and during this t ..
- Want to land better forward loops, watch how Kauli does it! / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiWant to fly like Kauli? Check out this great forward loop and get some tips on how to improve your hight, your style and your landing as Kauli soars above Maui’s beautiful waters. More to follow… ..
- Want to land better back loops, watch how Kauli does it! / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiWant to fly like Kauli? Check out this great backloop and get some tips on how to improve your hight, your style and your landing as Kauli soars above Maui’s beautiful waters. More to follow… ..
- Steve Thorp joins Hot Sails Maui / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiWe are extremely pleased to announce that UK based speed sailor, wave sailor and fin designer STEVE THORP has signed for Hot Sails Maui with immediate effect. Steve who is one of a handful of people to sail at over 50 & ..
- Steve Thorpe joins Hot Sails Maui / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiWe are extremely pleased to announce that UK based speed sailor, wave sailor and fin designer STEVE THORPE has signed for Hot Sails Maui with immediate effect. Steve who is one of a handful of people to sail at over R ..
- Most Extreme Sporting Event Ever? / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiIs the Red Bull Storm Chase the most extreme sporting contest ever dreamt up? Take the most radical windsurfers from around the world, hold them on standby and then fly them into the path of the 100 year storm! Riders ..
- Foil Windsurfing – Incredible footage from below! / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiWatch this amazing video of foil windsurfing featuring two Hot Sails Maui team mates, Bruno Andre and Diony Guadagnino on location in Caribbean. More to follow… ..
- GPX – The All New No-Cam Freeride – Sneak Peak / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiThe long anticipated GPX is entering the final stages of testing on Maui at this time. While we cannot give you too many details at the moment that this all new design adds a third dimension to the GP Range … Conti ..
- Nico Prien wins prestigious Boot/SURF award / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiBOOT Exhibition and SURF Magazin (Germany) scout for new talents: The award for the best newcomer is designed to help young talents on their way to the top. This is the third time this award is given to a talented youn ..
- Kauli joins Hot Sails Maui / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHot Sails Maui is pleased to announce former World Wave Champion Kauli Seadi BRA-253 has joined our team with immediate effect. Kauli joins the innovative Hawaiian brand at a time when development is at its fastest pace ..
- Hot Sails Maui – España / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiRecently we appointed JAWS Distribution as our representatives in Spain and in the past couple of days they have launched their new Facebook page, so to stay connected with your favorite brand in Spanish and be the first ..
- Summer Chillin with Markus Rydberg / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiUp and coming Hot Sails Maui team rider Markus Rydberg is currently freezing his butt off in Sweden during the harsh winter which inspired this piece of self reflective video and comment. “The winter has really set ..
- Me & My QU4D / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails Maui“Over the past several months we developed the all new ultra compact QU4D 4 batten sail, being at the forefront of this development meant that I got to test all the prototypes in a variety of conditions. From April ..
- ULTRA 100% – Your rig will never feel the same again! / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiThe all new ULTRA 100% carbon mast has been in development for some time and now the team at Hot Sails Maui are very excited to finally introduce this new product to the market. Following the success of the Firelight ..
- Searching for (& finding) storms in the Mediterranean / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHSM team rider Patrick Mazur decided to migrate south for the winter but unlike many heading to Maui, Cape Town and other spots he decided to see what he could find in the Mediterranean. Judging by the images be keeps s ..
- Julien Mas Burning his Freestyle Pro (Video)! / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiLove this video from Julien Mas, this is a full double rotation, we are really looking forward to seeing him take the 2013 PWA Tour by storm, this could be his year to break into the top three. More to … Continue r ..
- The HOT training grounds – Cape Town (Part #3) / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiAnother busy week for the team in Cape Town, with a kite contest in town it seems that they had to go in search of some quieter spots, meanwhile new HSM signing Katrien Smits from Belgium arrived and collected her … ..
- Comment on New Firelight Color – You decide & win a t-shirt! by Carlesmicro / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiThe pink one. The black background looks better. ..
- Comment on New Firelight Color – You decide & win a t-shirt! by renfer nikola / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiThere are already a lot of white/red-sails on the market. so i really like the fresh and new pink-/orange-design :-) ..
- Comment on New Firelight Color – You decide & win a t-shirt! by Dirk van Oevelen / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiNo brainer: old school red&white! ..
- Comment on New Firelight Color – You decide & win a t-shirt! by Zack Coleman / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiAs nice as the red and white is (although the red bit with the black and white criss crosses on it is a little reminiscent of Man' U's 'tablecloth' home shirt) the pink one looks really fresh and I ha ..
- Comment on New Firelight Color – You decide & win a t-shirt! by David Kitchens / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiThe red and white is preferable, although I would fancy the smaller flame logo. ..
- The HOT training grounds – Cape Town (Part #2) / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiWe just received this taster of some hot action from UK based team rider and 2012 British Wave Champion Debbie Kennedy, riding in Big Bay, Cape Town. With a great forecast on the horizon so I am sure Debbie will be rai ..
- The HOT training grounds – Cape Town (Part #1) / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiCape Town is becoming the unofficial winter training ground for Hot Sails Maui with a number of our riders converging in South Africa this month. It has been great to see them work together and work closely with our Sout ..
- Learning to windsurf with my 0.8m MicroFreak / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHot Sails Maui’s Chilean importer Christian sent us these images of his son who has been learning to windsurf with his 0.8m MicroFreak, looks like he is progressing well. It is always great to see kids enjoying our ..
- Martyn at 50knots on the 2013 GPS… The Luderitz Video / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiIt has been a few weeks not since the fastest men on the planet returned from Luderitz. Martyn, Tom and Steve (our new team rider) are already making plans for the 2013 event but today I would like to share … Conti ..
- New Firelight Color – You decide & win a t-shirt! / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiWe have decided to add a new Firelight color to the range and need your help! We have narrowed the options down to two but want to know what you think so that the one we go with it what … Continue reading → ..
- Snowboard action Hot Sails Maui style / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiOur Latvian team rider Krish is one of the most dedicated windsurfers I have ever met. You might think that being faced with a harsh winter that he would either follow the flock south or hand up his booms for … Con ..
- Diony foiling and more in paradise with Bruno / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiIt looks like a fun and chilled end to 2012 for HSM team rider Diony who is currently hosting Bruno (AHD/HSM). “It’s an honor to have my good friend Bruno Andre visit me in Venezuela. He arrived in Margarita ..
- Martyn Ogier prepares in Namibia with his GPS13 / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiMartyn Ogier has arrived in Namibia and is settling into his new home for the next couple of weeks as he waits for the big day. He is equipped with the new GPS13 with 5.0, 5.2, 5.5, 5.8 & 6.0 … Continue reading ..
- Julien Mas’ new Frestyle Video – Summer 2012 | Lac du Monteynard / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHot Sails Maui team rider Julien Mas continues to impress with this slick edit full of radical freestyle action filmed at his home spot Lac du Monteynard, sit back and enjoy! The Freestyle Pro is becoming increasingly po ..
- Made in Ocean: Video from Seva & the Russian Crew / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiThis stunning video trailer for a new movie which features two of our team riders is due for release shortly. The new Russian windsurf movie Made in Ocean was filmed in Mauritius and Chile following up the lives of some ..
- Tom Hammerton video interview / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHot Sails Maui Sail Designer Tom Hammerton gives us an insight into his path into the design world while giving us some feedback on the GPS development for 2013. More to follow… ..
- Time to have some fun learning to windsurf with our School Sails / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHot Sails Maui works with a large number of schools and centers worldwide and our range of School sails has been very popular. We have not really publicized our Schools range much but today it is great to share some R ..
- Recipe for Tiree Wave Championship Success / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiUK team rider Debbie Kennedy sent us this fun recipe (in part as motivation for our own contest this week) following her win in Tiree last week! Essential Ingredients 1. A Fully loaded van: Firelights, rigging jack ..
- Chris Guest reports from the BSA (UK) / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiTeam rider Chris Guest reports from the UK upon the conclusion of the BSA races. Here's what he had to say about it. After an intense 6 national events in 7 weeks, gradually darker evenings and positively cold water ..
- Debbie Kennedy Leads the Tiree Wave Classic / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiWe are very pleased to report that UK based Hot Sails Maui team rider Debbie Kennedy is currently leading the 2012 Tiree Wave Classic after the single elimination. "Waves roared into the Inner Hebrides as the 26 ..
- / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHot Sails Maui team rider Julien MAS has made a big impact on the freestyle & Towin disciplines this past year. Finishing in 12th on the 2012 PWA Freestyle rankings Julien is now aiming to secure his place in the top ..
- Almost....Hawaii! / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiThis just in from global soul surfer Alexandre Sansoucy: The six hours drive is well worth it for quebecers in quest of the best. When the wind reaches 20 knots, the fresh water waves get more than head high and can allo ..
- HOT Intern – Troisième partie / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiThis week end I went to the West Mountains of Maui for a 3 hour hike on the Waihee Ridge Trail. This was an awesome hike, with spectacular views over the ocean, the forest and nature in general. The views of the valley a ..
- News, Gossip, Product Info, Special Offers & More... / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiWe have been running our HOT CONNECTIONS email newsletter for a couple of months and have been pleased with the response. This is your opportunity to be the first to get the latest news, gossip, product info, special off ..
- Dutch windsurf couple making a difference helping to get kids on the water / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiWhile on a whistle stop tour through Europe, Hot Sails Maui owner Jeffrey Henderson visited his past intern Jip Philippe in the Netherlands. Jip and his girlfriend Inge have opened Pro-Intro Windsurf School and are teach ..
- Dutch windsurf couple make a difference / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiWhile on a speed tour through Europe, Hot Sails Maui owner Jeffrey Henderson visited his past intern Jip Philippe in the Netherlands. Jip and his girlfriend Inge have opened a windsurf school and are teaching groups of k ..
- Titouan, Julien Flechet - Two future champions? / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHot Sails Maui is proud to welcome this awesome French windsurfing family to our team, composed by Titouan, Julien, Jean-Phillipe and Laurence. Hi Titouan & Julien, you are both young windsurfers (9 and 11 yea ..
- Leon Jamaer Interview / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHot Sails Maui team rider Leon Jamaer is exploding onto the world scene: he finished in 9th place at the 2012 Cold Hawaii PWA event! And there’s even more to come. Let us learn more about this young and talented sa ..
- Is This The Perfect Windsurfing Family? / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiThe Diener Family is what we call a windsurfing family, composed of Jesper Diener (10), Magnus Diener (8), Smilla Diener (12) and the two loving and supportive parents. Natives of Belp in Switzerland, they have been sail ..
- Rafael de Windt promoted to International Team / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiWe are pleased to announce that our talented young freestyler Rafael de Windt (CUR-45) who has come through our junior ranks has now been promoted to the International Freestyle Team. As he now starts to make an impact o ..
- SpeedFreak web page now **LIVE** / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiWe are pleased to announce that the all new SpeedFreak website has been published. Go over to the main site to check it out and experience a whole new freeride feeling! More to follow... ..
- Firelight CLASSIC - your input required! / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiWe are looking at some possible colors and ask you to share your views on this potential Firelight color dubbed the CLASSIC! The inspiration behind this color proof was our very popular and similar Fire color which we ha ..
- Local kids having fun in Peru Windsurfing / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiDiony recently returned from Peru where he was able to spend some time helping local kids try windsurfing for the first time: "Throughout my stay in Peru one of my main focuses was to find young talent and help ..
- HOT Intern – la deuxième partie / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiTwo weeks have already passed since my arrival at Hot Sails Maui and things are going really well. I am currently working on to build relationships with the worldwide windsurfing media both online and print, this will re ..
- GPS 2013 - Sneak Peak / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiSome days I love it when the Fedex truck arrives... yesterday was one of those days when Martyn Ogier's team quiver of 2013 GPS sails arrived for Tom to check. The sails will soon be on their way to Weymouth Speed Week a ..
- Leon Jamaer in slow motion - HUGE one handed backloop / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHot Sails Maui team rider Leon Jamaer seems to be exploding onto the world scene right now, we have known for a long time that he is a talented rider and following his recent first ever top 10 in a PWA event he certainly ..
- SummerFreak - a classic re-invented! / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiI am not sure whether to describe the SummerFreak as retro or forward thinking. Considering in these times it is more cool to be retro lets go with that! The SummerFreak came to life on the Hot Sails Maui forum long befo ..
- Interview with Markus Rydberg - World Wide Windsurfing / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHot Sails Maui Swedish team rider Markus Rydberg has just completed his first PWA event finishing a respectable 25th and new media house World Wide Windsurfing were keen to speak to him about his past, his experiences a ..
- Julien (10yrs) & Titouan (8yrs) rocking Morocco! / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiTwo of our youngest team riders Julien Flechet (10yrs) and Titouan Flechet (8yrs) have just released their latest video which sees them fearlessly pushing their boundaries this past summer in Morocco. It is amazing to ..
- Leon's first PWA top 10... / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiWe watched on from Hawaii thanks to the PWA LIVE stream as Hot Sails Maui team rider Leon Jamaer climbed his way through the double elimination rounds. Leon who has been training hard this year was eventually stopped by ..
- AWT a real Winner! / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiSince its creation Hot Sails Maui has been a keen supporter of Sam Bittner's work with the American Windsurfing Tour. Those who have followed the Tour this year will know that our Sales Manager Chris Freeman has been tr ..
- Krish becomes undisputed Baltic Champ! / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHot Sails Maui team rider Krish reports from his recent victory in Estonia which complete is hat-trick of Baltic championships to once again confirm his dominance in the region! "For the last couple of year ..
- Latvian Wave Riding Champs 2012 - welcome international riders / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiWe are seeing a growing trend of high quality wave riding tours around the world, the AWT, the BWA etc. and we are pleased to promote the Latvian Waveriding Championships 2012. Hot Sails Maui team rider Krish has domina ..
- HOT Intern – Une Part / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHot Sails Maui is committed to giving talented young windsurfing students the opportunity to use their skills in a practical setting. The most recent import is our new Marketing Intern Stella. She will be writing a weekl ..
- SH*T happens! That's Why you need a Superfreak... / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiSH*T happens! The extremely popular Superfreak not only feels super smooth on the water taking care of those gusts with ease but you can be assured that the sail will last. This short video clip (probably one of the most ..
- Tweaked Pushloop at 240 Framers Per Second! / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiAs Hot Sails Maui team rider Leon Jamaer starts his bid in the PWA KIA Cold Hawaii event in Denmark we share this amazing short clip which filmed at 240 fames per second shows you just how to do a tweaked pushloop! ..
- HOT New Arrivals in our Webstore / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiWith new sails arriving this is a great time to grab one of the new colors on offer in our webstore. We are fully stocked with Superfreaks including the Maui Edition, UL and Regular version with some cool new colors. We ..
- Are you RADICAL enough for the Freestyle Pro? / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiWe have been talking about the Freestyle Pro for many months on the blog. The project to make the best freestyle sail available on the market took a year to complete and involved many prototypes, lots of discussion with ..
- Girls ROCK! / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiWe have amazing boys sailing here in Hawaii on Hot Sails Maui MicroFreaks, but not so many girls, and none with the skills and verve of this young lady, Lara. Here she sails the Adriatic on her MicroFreak 3.8m and a 108L ..
- Diony in Peru for the AWT and more... / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiDiony recently completed a trip to Peru which was timed to coincide with the AWT tour, enjoy his report and pictures! "Peru has been on my map for the past years! Not only for it's wave lines of perfections and ..
- How to remove and re-insert a batten / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiWe begin this new series of support posts by shedding light on one of the most common maintenance tasks that you will need to do whether when taking your sail to be repaired, replacing a batten yourself or packing your ..
- Learn to Windsurf in Curacao with Hilde & Ingmar / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiAt Hot Sails Maui we have a large number of Schools and Centers around the world who use our products and over the coming weeks we will be highlighting a number of these on our blog. First up is Windsurfing Curacao who h ..
- Insane freestyle action from Julien Mas / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiThis just in from Hot Sails Maui team rider Julien Mas, it has been really interesting to see how Tow-In freestyle has changed the whole discipline and helped riders to advance faster and further than ever thought possib ..
- Thank you Hot Sails M-m-morocco! / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiUK team rider Debbie Kennedy sends us this great report from her summer visiting new HSM friends in Morocco. "With a few weeks summer holidays to spare and keen to avoid the Cornish traffic jams, my search for ..
- A good Wipe Out! / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHot Sails Maui team rider Bruno Andre reports from France and what looks like an interesting wipe out! "The wind was back this weekend. Then I started a new session with my DGwave 83 and my Superfreak Maui Ed. ..
- The return of the Sealion / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiLast September Jeff and Kyla visited France for the Mondial Sealion surf event which celebrates the unique windsurf, surf & SUP concept of the AHD Sealion but also brings together a large collection of Superfreaks. T ..
- It Takes Time - Paul Zeper Maui Edit / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHSM Freestyle team rider Paul Zeper has just released this video which was filmed to document his six months based in Maui. Amazing imagery followed by some sick action demonstrate what a talent Paul is both in front of ..
- IN STOCK! New sails, New Colors... / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiYesterday was an exciting day in Maui as we received the first of the NEW Freestyle Pro sails ready for shipping as well as some Firelights in the NEW C5 (Blue / White / Red) and some exciting new DD designs. Be sure to ..
- Freestyle action from Oman / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiOman is a hidden windsurfing treasure with very few making the trek to the Middle East in search of wind and waves. Swiss team rider Marc Gilomen (F2 / Hot Sails Maui) went in search and scored some great freestyle acti ..
- Freestyle action from PWA Fuerte 2012 / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiAnother great PWA freestyle battle was recently completed in at the wind blown beach of Sotavento, Fuerteventura. Unlike many freestyle destinations we must remember that Sotavento was home of many a speed sailing tour ..
- Learn to wave sail with Tramontana Windsurf School / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiTramontana Windsurf School took delivery of their custom color SuperFreaks earlier this year and we are pleased to promote their intensive wave sailing course in Brittany which is running from September 24th to 28th. ..
- HOT Double at the AWT in Mexico / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiWe are very pleased to announce a double victory at the AWT San Carlos Desert Showdown last week. Young Hot Sails Maui Maui based team rider Casey Rehrer (15 yrs) took his first AWT Youth title while Hot Sails Maui Sale ..
- Three New SuperFreak Maui Edition colors launched / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiIn recent months you will have noticed that a number of our sail ranges have become more unified and united in terms of brand identity and design. Customers, team riders, importers and industry representatives have all w ..
- HOT action @ the Cabrillo Enduro / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiWe were very pleased to be a sponsor of the Cabrillo Enduro for the first time this year and Hot Sails Maui rider Philip Newmarch was on hand with some of his demo sails and to compete. Demo sails are now available ..
- Casey's Baja Training Video / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHot Sails Maui's 15yr old team rider Casey Rehrer has just returned from a two weeks in Mexico and the AWT competition (more of that later) but today we want to share his training video shot by the Solo Sports camp at Pu ..
- MapleFreaks in Action / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiThose who are regular readers of our blog will know that we recently created some very special SuperFreaks for our Canadian customers. Now that they have all arrived north of the boarder images and video are starting to ..
- Steven Max impresses at the US Nationals / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiFresh from claiming the U17 World Freestyle crown our young freestyle sensation Steven Max flew over from Aruba to make an appearance at the US Nationals hosted by the AWT. While it was easy to get him and his family ..
- Diony's Hi Winds winning ways / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHot Sails Maui team rider Diony reports from the 26th Aruba Hi Winds. "The 26th Anniversary of the Aruba Hi Winds Pro/am went off again on the famous Beach of Fisherman Huts, being my 4th visit and my 4th victory i ..
- Leon reports from the Canaries PWA tour stops / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHot Sails Maui team rider Leon Jamaer reports from the Canaries PWA tour stops. "Pozo is every year basically the same. Super strong wind and small onshore waves that hardly allow a single frontside turn. Though ..
- Rafael reports from the 2012 Bonifacio Freestyle Project / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiYoung Hot Sails Maui team rider Rafael De Windt reports from the 2012 Bonifacio Freestyle Project... "The Bonifacio freestyle project was from the 12th of June till the 17th of June. But my day one will start th ..
- Jonas reports from PWA Tenerife / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiCompeting in his first PWA event Jonas Handekyn was always going to have a tough draw but he went into the event with confidence and a bunch of talent. Read Jonas' full report and check out the action here>> ..
- The tale of the Leaky Roof & the SuperFreak! / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiWe recently delivered some very special custom SuperFreaks and MicroFreaks to Rondeau Yacht Club (RYC) and it is great to see them on the water and making a ripple! RONDEAU — A leaky roof led to a flood of cash f ..
- The MapleFreaks have arrived! / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiA number of months back we ordered a very special set of SuperFreaks for our group of customers in Canada. The Windsurf Canada MapleFreak was born and they will be shipping out in the next couple of day. If ..
- Steven Max - AWT Rider of the week / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHot Sails Maui team rider and newly crowned U17 Freestyle World Champion Steven Max is this week's AWT rider of the week, check out the full article here>> More to follow... ..
- Jonas preparing for PWA debut / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiYoung Hot Sails Maui team rider Jonas Handekyn is currently in Tenerife training for what will be his debut on the PWA wave tour, we wish him the best of luck and have every confidence that he will be able to make an imp ..
- Hot Sails Maui Grand Prix 2012 - Maui Race Series / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiOne part of our commitment to racing was to step up to be a title sponsor of the 2012 Maui Race Series. It was very pleasing to see the beach setup and ready of on race day. The first annual Hot Sails Maui Grand Prix wa ..
- Great result at the Shaka Bump & Jump / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiNews just in from Italy is that we got good results from our Hot Sails Maui Italian young guns at the yearly edition of Shaka Bump & Jump from Lake Garda. With 36 riders trying to use the wake of the power boat to la ..
- Vincent Mellouet Memorial / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiAbout thirty riders found themselves on the shores of Lake Monteynard.. A place known for its bridges but also a spot board that saw the birth and progress of Vincent Mellouet, the young French rider with a huge heart w ..
- Artwork in process / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiA fan of the Hot Sails Maui Spiderlok® Wave is showing his stoke in the most personal way possible. Twenty year old Austrian Martin Mueller sent us his first view of his tattoo that is currently in process. We look forw ..
- Deivis ready to rock Fuerte! / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHot Sails Maui freestyle sensation Deivis Paternina V04 has just released this fantastic freestyle video which highlights that despite missing the first PWA event of the year he is ready for action as he prepared to leav ..
- Franz finding his racing fitness - 2012 Portuguese Slalom Championships / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHot Sails Maui team rider Franz Orsi reports from the first leg of the 2012 Portuguese Slalom Championships. "During the last weekend we had the first event for the slalom championships in Portugal. The location ..
- First Impressions - Freestyle Pro / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiWe love to get feedback from riders. This first impressions email came from our Danish importer who recently received his stock of the new Freestyle Pro sails and was sent this feedback from Andreas Larsen. Andreas i ..
- Leon on Firelight wins Soul Wave Contest! / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiLeon Jamer, stormed to 1st place in the Red Bull Soul Wave contest in Denmark last weekend. Using the assets of the lightest production 5 batten wave sail, the Hot Sails Maui Firelight, he finished ahead of German icon K ..
- Dax gets a new 2.1m MicroFreak / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiThe delayed Maui shipment is in and Dax helps by tensioning his battens on his MicroFreak! More to follow... ..
- / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiDax gets a new 2.1m. MicroFreak. The delayed Maui shipment is in and Dax helps by tensioning his battens. ..
- Firelight Tour of Sardinia / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHot Sails Maui rider Patrick Mazur is currently touring through Sardinia and sent us these pictures of Funtaina Meiga (West Sardinia) and Chia (South Sardinia). Patrick recently received his quiver of Firelights an ..
- 8 year old Dax planes into jibes! / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiSome of us have been following Dax Barker's windsurf progress for some time. Now 8 years old and off school for the summer, Dax has been windsurfing up a storm lately. Not only is he sailing more, but he started competin ..
- Paul Zeper - End of a great Era / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiEnd of a great Era! Paul Zeper, voted "Best intern of the century" is returning home. We will miss his amazing skill set, incredible freestyle, and superb attitude. Aloha to his Hawaiian at heart girlfriend ..
- Roosevelt HOTS up despite the rain! / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiToday did not start as expected with light rain in Hood River but the promise of wind far out East was there on Temira's website. Despite a slower start than planned we packed up and embarked on the 70 mile drive to Roos ..
- / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiEnd of a great Era. Paul Zeper, voted "Best intern of the century" is returning home. We will miss his amazing skill set, incredible freestyle, and superb attitude. Aloha to his Hawaiian at heart girlfriend ..
- Stevenson's provides the wind! / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiCasey and I are just back to our home (for the week, thanks to Ingrid btw!) from a long day at the beach during which we had a fantastic demo and fun sailing here in the Gorge. I always love to hear rider's first impress ..
- HOT arrival in the Gorge / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiCasey and 1 arrived in the Gorge on Monday afternoon and got straight out at Doug's. We have been really pleased to hear the feedback from customers about the Firelight and SuperFreak Maui Ed. and look forward to more de ..
- HOT arrival in the Gorge / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails Maui"What a long day today! Following the AWT Pistol contest Chris Freeman and I left Gold Beach at 8:30am destined for Hood River and the Gorge. The 363 miles took us 7 and a half hours to complete with numerous stops ..
- Freestyle Pro First Impressions - Matteo Todeschi / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiMatteo Todeschi is another strong freestyler in the Hot Sails Maui Italian based team and he finally tested the Freestyle Pro in the last days. Matteo Todeschi, Garda local and one of the most skilled promoter we ..
- This is REAL (hardcore) windsurfing! / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiPistol River is a wild and rugged place which initially shakes you to the core before you start to warm up and get into the action. Arriving late Tuesday afternoon to calm winds and sun we had to wait until Wednesday for ..
- Leon's Storm Edit (video) / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiLeon Jamaer's latest video installment featuring some windy action from the recent storm which lashed Northern Europe. (not so) Pro Tip regarding Batten Tension (at 14secs) - notice that Leon has not put enough b ..
- Three victories – a great way to kick off the 2012 Maui racing season! / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiTeam HOT: Kyla, Jeff, Chris, Dax, Tom, Argentina, Casey & Reinhard It is amazing how quickly Spring turned into Summer on Maui and that means that it is time for some hardcore racing on the Maui Race Series 2012. T ..
- HOT on the move and ready for Pistol / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiAfter a brief visit to the office to collect some last minute supplies and pack a few more sails it was off to OGG to catch a flight to SJC and start the two week AWT and demo tour. Always hard to leave home! T ..
- Two Weeks of HOT DEMOS (Pistol River / Gorge) / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiFollowing our extremely successful AWT promo week back in May Chris will back on the road Monday with stops at both the second AWT contest of the year at Pistol River and The Gorge. 13th to 17th June - PISTOL R ..
- Hot Sails Maui Testing / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiAt the end of last week we were treated with some super late season swell and the team took the opportunity to test some prototypes currently in development in some quality waves. With head to mast high waves rolling int ..
- New SMACK C6 spotted at Ho'okipa / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiJimmie Hepp does a great job of highlighting the new equipment from all brands and today I am pleased to post a picture of the new lighter SMACK in the super bright C6. We have been working on getting a few more photos o ..
- Far to the south - Mauritius Dream Waves / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiThis post from our Russian importer Seva includes some of the most beautiful windsurfing shots I have seen a while. "Far to the south, where the Indian Ocean, overthrows all his strength storms and hurricanes, ..
- The different colors of Morocco / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiOur Russian team rider turned importer Seva Shulgin reports from his recent trip to Morocco; "12 years ago Morocco, for all Russian surfers was only a riddle! On the majestic African continent well visible abo ..
- 90 New Windsurfers in one day! / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiEx Hot Sails Maui intern Jip Philippi has been planning for this for some time and it is great to report that his new windsurf school based in the Netherlands has been such a success from the start. We caught up with ..
- Jeff visits the UK and races at the BSA Worthing / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHot Sails Maui founder Jeff Henderson is currently on his way back from the UK following a whistle stop tour which included a successful weekend at the BSA races at Worthing, here's what he had to say about his very shor ..
- Diony wins ONA Slalom Cup / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiDiony reports from the ONA Slalom Cup; "This event was sponsored by the ONA (National Office Anti Drugs) main focus are for our future kids in supporting, educating and directing them threw the right path in lif ..
- Jérôme Pajaud checks out Chile / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiJerome Pajaud just posted this great video from his recent trip to Chile which helps to remind us that the search for wind and waves is a constant and global mission. So my message to you today is think different and go ..
- What does it feel like to do a Zeper Kono? / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiGoPro footage is great for sharing the feeling of the highest level moves with the wider audience. The Kono is one of the coolest freestyle moves and here Hot Sails Maui Pro rider Paul Zeper shows us what it is like to b ..
- Freestyle Pro arrives in France / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiThe first of the Pro Team issued Freestyle Pros arrived in France today on Hot Sails Maui team rider Julien Mas' doorstep (thank you Fedex). As you can see the bags look sick, just wait until you see the pictures of t ..
- Freestyle Frenzy on the Italian Lakes! / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiDuring the past couple of weeks the Italian lake season has started to HOT up and following the arrival of the first Freestyle Pro sails on the scene Raffa our Italian importer sent us this update. "The first sa ..
- Ireland BWA 2012: Hot dog, hot tea and HOT sails! / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiUK team rider Debbie Kennedy sent us this report from the BWA Ireland event (which she won!) Debbie & Aleksy both joined Hot Sails Maui recently and are making a huge impact in the UK "Heading to Brandon B ..
- Debbie Wins Irish leg of BWA / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiDebbie Kennedy (2010 UK Wave Champion) recently joined the Hot Sails Maui wave team and just landed the top spot in Ireland in her first event of the season. "Last day in Ireland delivers - The conditions wer ..
- Epic sessions in Sweden / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiI have been receiving a number of emails about some epic conditions in Sweden this past weekend with tales of long drives, cold water and great waves. I always love checking out the images from the cold waters which make ..
- Deivis Paternina - Skopu / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHot Sails Maui team rider Deivis Paternina recently received his new Firelights, along with his teammates Diony, Bjorn, Paul & Julien he and will be publishing a series of freestyle move videos in the coming weeks t ..
- This is what I see... / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHot Sails Maui's Chris Freeman made this sort edit before his trip to the mainland. The tittle says it all, this is his view during a session at Kanaha with some fun sized waves while using the team's new head cam. You w ..
- What do you do with your first big pay check when you are 14yrs old? / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHot Sails Maui young team rider Steven Max was recently awarded a nice cash sum for being nominated as Athlete of the Year in Aruba. So the question is; What do you do with your first big pay check when you are 14yrs ol ..
- Chasing forecasts - A Week in Tenerife / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiWith the Canaries so close to Europe it is always worth keeping and eye out for the conditions and some cheap last minute tickets. Latvian team rider Krish has been just just that and recently he spotted a great forecast ..
- AWT HOT Update - Day #3 / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiAnother long day on the water (and on the beach for some). With just a few heats remaining in the Masters and Am fleets this morning it was quickly time for the double elimination rounds to start in all divisions. In the ..
- AWT progress report - Day #2 / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiFollowing the recent days of demo in California today it was time to focus on the contest, with building wind and waves it was clear at the 9am briefing that it would be a epic day of action and we got exactly that. ..
- Two in the 10! / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails Maui(Excuse the slight tardiness of posting these images, you might not believe it but internet access here in California has been spotty at best!) We are thrilled to report that our Pro Freestyle team had a very succes ..
- On HOLD... / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiIt has certainly been a very busy few days since arriving, unfortunately I have been rather sick since arriving but I am pleased to report that I am feeling better by the day! HSM riders Derek (left) and Luke (Rig ..
- Dony's Funboard endless summer / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiGreat coverage of Diony's Los Roques trip has just been published in Funboard (Italy), a really interesting story with some great pictures so be sure to grab a copy of the magazine and check it out. More to follow. ..
- Golden Sailing at Crissy Field / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiYesterday Derek (Mangan) and I had a great day in San Francisco where we held a demo day at Crissy Fields right under the Golden Gate Bridge. Thanks to Rebecca (Boardsports) and Abigail for their help in putting everythi ..
- HOT Action at Waddell & Tuesday at Crissy / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHot Sails Maui was out in force at Waddell today, great to see some of our customers and great to get into the cool water for some fun waves at the end of the day. Tomorrow we are off to the Bay area with the plan of bei ..
- HOT has arrived in California, now all we need is wind! / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiAfter a long and not very restful night on AA14 it is great to be sat at the Whale City Bakery in Davenport catching a few well deserved minutes of rest. The good news is that all 7 gear bags full of demo gear arrived sa ..
- WINDY WINDY in Tenerife / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiWith two of our International Team riders in Tenerife at the moment we are seeing some killer action over there, todays quick update come from Jonas Handekyn who reports of 3.7 sessions. "Yesterday was another 3.7d ..
- Chasing the wind - Tenerife / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiWith the cold and lack of wind in Latvia still prevailing Hot Sails Maui team rider Krish decided to follow the forecast and make the short hop over to Tenerife (as did team mate Jonas). Check out his full report on ..
- Hawaii Nation II - "...find what he is looking for..." / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiCheck out this cool edit brought to you by our Russian importer and team rider Seva who has just left Hawaii and is preparing for his next adventure in the constant search to "...find what he is looking for..." ..
- Pozo Black Knight / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiCheck out this fun video from the Black Knight of Sweden enjoying the wind and waves of Pozo on his SuperFreak Maui Edition. More to follow... ..
- Gayda HOT'n up the English Channel / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHot Sails Maui team rider Aleksy Gaya recently got his new Firelights and sent us some video of his latest training session in the English Channel, this spot near to the Dover ferry terminal looks sick (if a little cold ..
- Hot Sails Maui - CALIFORNIA AWT DEMOS / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiWe are very proud to be sponsors of the AWT again this year and want to let our valued customers old and new that will be will attending the first event of the season in California in just a matter of days. We will be br ..
- First Impressions Count - Firelight / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiIt is always great to hear what people think of our products when they get them to their local beach and emails like this make us very proud! "Having just christened my new 5.0 Firelight during a two hour sessi ..
- Windsurfer & the Whale / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails Maui"No doubt this will be my favorite shot of the day!!! I watched for this shot all winter and got some no too bad ones but this is the very best!!' Jimmie Hepp Hot Sails Maui team rider Colin spends more tim ..
- Easter Waves for Fede in Sardinia / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiAfter a dismal winter in Sardinia Hot Sails Maui team rider Fede La Croce scores over the Easter weekend in Sardinia (Italy) "Azione pasquale Dopo un inverno povero – per non dire totalmente privo – di ven ..
- A bru gotta do what bru gotta do! / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHot Sails Maui team riders Leon Jamaer (Fanatic, Hot Sails Maui, Tecno Limits, Oxbow) and Max Droege (Windflüchter, Hot Sails Maui, Xcel) always produce fantastic videos and this latest episode from a winter in Cape Tow ..
- Steven Max wins Aruba Athlete of the Year / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHot Sails Maui wonder kid team rider Steven Max is rather happy with himself after being crowed 2011 Aruba Athlete of the Year (13yrs and under) and picking up a special prize! "83 athletes were nominated in ..
- Haagkat Lightwind Sessions with Leon Jamaer / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails Maui"Only 3 of us on the water.." Leon, sounds good to me (especially with the crowds here in Hawaii at the moment! Check our Leon ripping with his 4.7 Firelight. Also check out this great article and lots of pic ..
- The long road back for Franz Orsi / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiDuring the Autumn of 2011 we signed Italian racer Francesco Orsi to our racing team but as luck would have it many months would pass before he could get onto his new equipment, we caught up with him to ask what happened ..
- How many windsurfers? / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiCheck out this fun video edit from our friends at Quiksilver Windsurf School who recently completed their first camp of the season in El Tur. Can you count how many different riders there are riding HOT? QWS are now ..
- Italian Freestyler Marco Vinante signs for Hot Sails Maui / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiWe are very pleased to receive confirmation from Italy that top Italian freestyler MARCO VINANTE has signed for Hot Sails Maui. Marco on his new Firelight he will be getting the Freestyle Pro soon "Marco Vinante, ..
- The 10 Year Storm! / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHot Sails Maui team rider EYAL SHELEF reports from the 10th annual Storm Rider event from Israel which aims to pit the finest windsurfers against the biggest storm of the winter, sounds like fun to me! Thats a storm! ..
- Lea's GPS rigging video / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiUK based Hot Sails Maui team rider Lea Spencer posted this fun and informative GPS rigging video, shot using his GoPro it gives an interesting perspective and certainly puts the fun back into rigging. Especially good is ..
- Windsurfing is BIG in China / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiJeff is currently in China on a factory visit overseeing the production of some new prototypes as well as the first large batch of the new Freestyle Pro sails. During his morning walk in the park he came across somethin ..
- HOT UK arrival / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiIt is always great to see sails arriving and I am pleased to report today that the latest batch of sails arrived in the UK. The strong UK based wave and slalom teams will likely be the first to get their hands on them so ..
- SF = Super Fun / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiOK, so many people reading this blog are avid Superfreak sailors how full well say of course SF stands for Super Fun, they know the experience if riding a quiet and soft sail is very different, very comfortable and often ..
- Max FreeSTYLE from Aruba / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHot Sails Maui's 13yr old freestyle sensation Steven Max sent us this quick update from his recent training in Aruba. Steven has been training with team mates Julien Mas and Bjorn Saragoza in recent weeks and it is sure ..
- Jeff takes his new FOIL BOARD for a spin / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiLike all good things in life, sometimes you just have to wait. This new piece of equipment took time to receive. Once I got it, I had to wait to try it and now it is taking time to learn it. I am writing about my new ..
- Jeff gets Wowed! / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiLike all good things in life, sometimes you just have to wait. This new piece of equipment took time to receive. Once I got it, I had to wait to try it and now it is taking time to learn it.I am writing about my new AHD ..
- 40 knots on a 7.3m GPS / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiCheck out this video of Hot Sails Maui team rider Martyn Ogier clocking 40 knots on his 7.3 GPS at Pembroke Bay in Guernsey. "Today was gusty 7.3 to 8m weather. Pierre came down and filmed so we will post that la ..
- Julien Mas pays tribute his fallen friend with The Mellouet / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiFollowing the tragic news last week of the death of Vincent Mellouet who was a good friend of our team rider Julien Mas a new move combination has been named. “In memory to my friend Vincent Mellouet”. Julien Ma ..
- The Battle for Ho'okipa / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiDiony updates from a hectic few days on the North Shore which brought torrential rains, big winds and challenging surf to our little haven in the Pacific. Making the challenging surf look easy! "This is the firs ..
- Mas(ive) action with the FreeSTYLE Pro / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHot Sails Maui freestyle talent Julien Mas has just returned back home to France after his winter training in Brazil and the Caribbean. With stops in both Aruba and Bonaire Julien spent time with team mates Bjorn Sarago ..
- Bjorn Flashes the FreeSTYLE Pro / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHot Sails Maui team rider Bjorn Saragoza has been training hard as he prepares for the start of the PWA freestyle season next month in Austria. He sent us some pictures from the beautiful waters of his home in Bonair ..
- FreeSTYLE Pro - The People's Choice / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiLast month we asked; What colors do you want for the FreeSTYLE Pro? Based on your poll results and suggestions we have made three draft designs. It is still not sure what the colors and combinations will go into full pr ..
- Are you in Greece? / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiIf you are a windsurfer in Greece then you need to be checking out our new importers WINDSTAR HELLAS. They have just launched their new website and the new store looks amazing too. They are fully stocked with all your fa ..
- Embracing the new Facebook Timeline / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiIt is amazing to see how quickly Facebook evolves, the latest change for company pages is the use of Timeline just like the new personal profiles. As social media has become an integral part of our communication strateg ..
- Embracing then new Facebook Timeline / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiIt is amazing to see how quickly Facebook evolves, the latest change for company pages is the use of Timeline just like the new personal profiles. As social media has become an integral part of our communication strateg ..
- Testing... Diony Style! / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiWhen I sent Diony out testing his new GPS' I didn't quite expect this... Diony half way round a spock (on his GPS and AHD SL2) I guess I should have known better... he tells me that he loves to try freestyle with his ..
- Diony & Adventure Sports Miami helping to get more kids on the water / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiWith Diony visiting his sister Colette (Manager of Adventure Sports Miami) in Florida it was a perfect opportunity of for them to run a free kids clinic aimed at getting as many kids on the water as possible. Diony was ..
- No Gain Without Pain in Curacao / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHot Sails Maui team rider Rafael de Windt (CUR-45) has been training hard with his Bolt in Curacao recently and reports of windy and fun conditions although not surprisingly from looking at this image below he is feeling ..
- Winter training & looking ahead to the BSA 2012 / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiWe caught up with UK team rider Jon White to see how his winter training was going as he prepares for his debut on the British Slalom Association (BSA) tour this year. For a number of years he has been at the forefront o ..
- Diony is BACK on Maui! / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiYou re going to be seeing a lot more of Diony over the next couple of months, back from his recent trip to Los Roques Island he is now in Maui and he is working hard with the team already. To celebrate having our team r ..
- Canada goes OFF! / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails Maui"Epic". It's an adjective used all too frequently by windsurfers to the point of being diluted drastically in its emotional impact and potency. At the beach, we've all heard the droning of some hyper-stoked, Re ..
- Testing times for the GPS 2013 / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiWith Spring fast approaching sail development is in full swing at Hot Sails Maui. Tom and the team have been working on the 2013 version of the GPS for a little while now. Tom & Chris testing the 2012 production ve ..
- Escape to Paradise (The Video) / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiCheck out Diony's latest adventure in this interesting video as he goes in search of crystal clear waters and the island paradise not too far from him home. Now back in the US Diony will be appearing at a FREE WINDSURF ..
- FREE Windsurf Clinic for KIDS (Miami) / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiWe are extremely pleased to announce that our newest retailer ADVENTURE SPORTS MIAMI will be holding a FREE kids clinic this weekend featuring our PWA Pro Team rider Diony! They will have plenty of our MicroFREAKS for y ..
- FreeSTYLE to the MAX! / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiCheck out this great video of our 14 yr old team rider Steven Max ripping up the crystal Aruban waters with his Bolt. We are expecting great things from Steven this year, follow him on Facebook. Steven is sponsored by ..
- What have Trains, Football Stadiums & the BOLT got in Common? / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiOutside sponsorship has been hard to come by in recent years so it is always great to see companies getting involved with windsurfing. Last Autumn our Swedish team rider Markus Rydberg was approached by Gothia Financi ..
- Sick looking SuperFreak! / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiEvery day a new SuperFreak design is born, this is really exciting and it is always great to see what our customers request and we must all thank Glenn our graphic designer who works tirelessly to ensure that sailors aro ..
- As Small as it Gets / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiOur Swedish importer Jesper was recently in Maui and just sent us this fun video in which his daughter Tora documents his fun sessions and life in Maui. For those of you enjoying the cold winter in Europe this should pro ..
- Diony's Los Roques Island Adventure / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiDiony has been talking about his boat trip to Los Roques for a number of months and I am pleased that his article has been published by Windsurfer International Issue # 26. Check out his fantastic article which goes into ..
- What colors do you want for the FreeSTYLE Pro? / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiYesterday Paul asked this question on our Facebook page and following some great suggestions he has made a couple of new color combinations for you to think about. Use our poll on our FB page to cast your votes and/or ad ..
- Got SNOW? / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHot Sails Maui Latvian team rider Krish scored some epic autumn sessions on the water but finally the snow has arrived and it is time to try new things. Last week the picture of Krish snow surfing was the most talked abo ..
- Freestyle Frenzy in Curacao with Rafael de Windt (CUR45) / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiSixteen year old Hot Sails Maui team rider Rafael de Windt sent us this great freestyle mix which combines on board and water based footage timed in the crystal waters of Curacao. From the video it is clear, Rafael is r ..
- Taka Tastic - Leon Jamaer in South Africa / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiNow thats what you call a Taka! Wow this is one of the sickest takas I have ever seen, Leon has been training hard in South Africa (as have a number of the Hot Sails Maui team) and from this video it looks like he is set ..
- JAWS - up close and personal / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiWhat is is like to drop in at JAWS? This is just one of the questions Hot Sails Maui team rider Paul Zeper asked his Maui based team mate Bart de Zwart in this interesting interview. The FireLight gets its first out ..
- FreeSTYLE Pro and the Kabikuchi with Julien Mas / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiJulien Mas is training hard and getting dialed in with his new FreeSTYLE Pro here in the south of France. Julien will soon be swapping the cold of Europe for the warm crystal waters of the Caribbean so that he can contin ..
- Staring JAWS in the Face / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiWith the arrival of some + sized surf for the first time this winter Hot Sails Maui team rider Bart de Zwart was at the ready to make his return to the notorious venue with his new FireLight. Boardseeker have published t ..
- Seriously BOLTastic Fun in Egypt with QWS / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiThis fantastic fun video from our friends at the QUIKSILVER WINDSURF SCHOOL from Slovenia shows just how much fun you can have on flat warm water... as long as you have your trusty BOLT with you! The vivid colors, old sc ..
- Steven Max (& the EFPKT) Featured in Windsurfer International / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiWindsurfer International the irish based online magazine took a look back on the European Freestyle Pro Kids Tour, the Junior, feeder series to the European Freestyle Pro Tour and Professional Windsurfing Association Wor ..
- The Brit who destroyed the Dutchies / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiTom Hammerton, designer at Hot Sails Maui recently set the fastest 100m GPS track in Hawaii for 2011, check out this news feature published by Starboard. Open Ocean Speed Contest - The Brit who destroyed the Dutchies ..
- Jon White Signs for Hot Sails Maui (UK) / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiWe are very pleased to announce that leading UK racer Jon White GBR-720 has signed for Hot Sails Maui (UK) for the 2012 season. Jon who has been at the forefront of the national and international raceboard circuit for a ..
- Leon and HOT ripping it up in Cape Town / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiA number of the Hot Sails Maui team are currently training in South Africa or packing their bags to make the journey south from Europe. The first images to come to light are of Leon Jamaer ripping it up on his FireLight ..
- Jonas Promoted to the Hot Sails Maui International Team / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiFollowing a great 2011 season young Belgium ripper Jonas Handeyn has been promoted to the Hot Sails Maui International Team for 2012 following a number of years as a National Team Rider. Jonas who finished 5th in the ..
- Adrian's ...DREAM... video in Egypt / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHot Sails Maui team rider Andrian Beholz shows us some sick freestyle action from Egypt during the time of the revolution. More to follow... ..
- Jonas Ripping it up on Continent 7 / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHot Sails Maui team rider Jonas Handekyn is currently packing his bags for Cape Town but before he leaves the popular Continent Seven website caught up with him, check out the video article here>> More to follow ..
- GPS (pre) Review by Red Surf Bus / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiNew UK team rider Lea Spencer who runs the very popular Red Surf Bus website will be getting his GPS sails very soon and has been doing to some research before he completes a full review in the coming weeks. He will be t ..
- Somewhere in Brazil with Julien Mas / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiLast week we introduced the trailer and we are thrilled to release Julien's full edit of SOMEWHERE IN BRAZIL. As a new season dawns expect Julien to be challenging for a podium finish on the 2012 PWA Freestyle tour wh ..
- Diony Lives it Up at Funeral Point / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiAfter many years of traveling the world Diony has been working a number of plans recently to rediscover the magic that can be found a little closer to home. Isn't funny how we rush around and around but sometimes miss th ..
- Swedish Wave Action Through the Lens of Robert Almqvist / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiI love seeing pictures from around the world and this post documents some great Swedish waves of the last 12 months thanks to the Hot Sails Maui crew and photographer Robert Almqvist, looks like some great action... ..
- RUSS JENKINS signs for Hot Sails Maui (UK) / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiAs part of our commitment to developing the UK market we are currently in the process of signing a number of great riders across all disciplines, these names will be released in the comings days and weeks. The first tea ..
- Jonas Fire'n it up in Belgium / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHot Sails Maui team rider Jonas Handekyn is currently getting ready to make the trip down to Cape Town and sent us this sweet video of his Autumn sessions with his weapon of choice - the FIRE. Check out more of Jonas' ..
- Fill The Days (with the FreeSTYLE Pro) / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHot Sails Maui team rider Paul Zeper has been braving the cold in the Netherlands in recent weeks to test the new FreeSTYLE prototype 4.8. Paul will be packing his bags for Maui in a matter of days and starting a six mon ..
- Somewhere in Brazil - The Trailer / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHot Sails Maui team rider Julien Mas has just returned from Brazil and sent this preview of his new movie which should be released soon. Somewhere in Brazil features Julien Mas and his friends Levi Lenz, Joao Enrique, Ba ..
- Diony's Bequia Video / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiLast month we reported about Diony's trip back to his childhood home Bequia St Vincent and the Grenadines and now we have the video story to share. It is great to visit with him back to a spot that shaped his life on wha ..
- Ready for the Holidays... / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiThe holiday season is here and our German importers are getting into the spirit of things! In the weeks before Christmas they are fully stocked so that you can get that perfect gift for your wind addicted partner, youngs ..
- GP2 & GPS enjoying life in New Caledonia / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiEarlier this year we introduced Hot Sails Maui to New Caledonia thanks to the support from our new importer Laurent Sainson (NAISH NOUMEA PRO CENTER). Laurent and friends have been enjoying the fantastic windy and warm ..
- Julien Mas - Skopu into Funnel...A What?! / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHot Sails Maui team rider Julien Mas has been training hard in Brazil in recent weeks and it loos like he has been perfecting some fresh new school variants. This is apparently a Skopu into Funnel... Julien is sponsore ..
- Quiksilver Windsurf School in El Tur, Nov 2011 / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiHot Sails Maui and the Quicksilver Windsurf School have been working together since they opened in 2006. They now boast 6 different destinations including locations such as Egypt, Tenerife, Morocco, Greece & Italy, ..
- One of the FASTEST - 48.68 knots for 100m / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiThe full report of Martyn Ogier's whistle stop visit to the UK mainland is now available and we are extremely pleased to report that he ruled what is being dubbed the 'Clash of the Titans' at West Kirby. Martyn flew up ..
- First Video of the FreeSTYLE Pro 4.8 / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiThis little Kono video gives you a little insight into the FreeSTYLE Pro currently being put through its paces by team rider Paul Zeper in Holland (Paul will soon be swapping the cold of Europe for the warm waters and wi ..
- 49 Knots & Counting = Seriously FAST! / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiReports are still coming in and official times being processed but early reports suggest that Hot Sails Maui team rider Martyn Ogier has clocked more than 49 knots at West Kirby. Thanks to his new team mate Jon White we ..
- Roadeks Latvian Wave Riding Championship 2011 / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiThere is nothing like the onset of competition to get the blood pumping and the ominous sound track of this video account of the Roadeks Latvian Wave Riding Championship 2011 helps to stir the emotions as you watch the ..
- Tarmac has never looked so much fun! / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiI vividly remember one of my favorite sessions of all time and no it was not mast high Ho'okipa or ballistic Pozo but in a wind-skate session in the UK. I was in my teens and still doing the rounds on my IMCO raceboard, ..
- What do you do when if goes FLAT? / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiWe have all been faced by this dilemma, some of us wine and moan, some of us get out the jet ski, others turn to their computers (umm... guilty!) but for Christian our importer for Chile flat periods are a perfect opport ..
- FireLight REEF Edition Exposed... / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiA few days back our latest shipment arrived which included some FireLight Reef Editions in the new C3 color. The Reef Editon is the same as the regular FireLight but with an Ox Webbing luff sleeve (like on our other sail ..
- First Glimpse of the new FireLight C3 / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiThe new FireLights arrived this week with the C3 printing and yesterday was the first time that they made it onto the water... Here Bart shows off his new sail, this is the Reef Edition which has a ox webbing sleeve. M ..