Windsurfing Latest News
- Video – World Wide Watt / Continent Seven /
Continent SevenWorld Wide Watt is a slow motion clip with the German freestyle sailors Meikel Thies, Valentin Böckler, Lennart Brünig and Hannes von Weihe. ..
- Video – Lizzie Smith at Dahab / Continent Seven /
Continent SevenLizzie Smith is a British female freestyler. Watch her new clip with action from Dahab. ..
- Downings 2013 – Biggest Irish Windsurfing Event of the Year / Boards Magazine /
Boards MagazineNot be missed, the biggest windsurfing event in the Irish calendar…and check out the action from the 2012 event below too. ..
- Alert! Windy Weekend Ahead! / Boards Magazine /
Boards MagazineMaking it the perfect opportunity to get on the water and grab some coaching with GetWindsurfing… Sat 22nd June 10am To 1pm Flat Water Coaching In Langstone Harbour “Esso Beach” Intermediates To Advance ..
- Vassiliki Deal for this Weekend – Rock Bottom Prices! / Boards Magazine /
Boards MagazineHead to Vassiliki with Ocean Elements this weekend for an incredible £479! UPDATE *** LATE DEAL *** THIS WEEKEND This could be YOUR morning view next week! Surf Hotel, Vassiliki £479 – Very Limited SOLD OUT Hotel ..
- Be Part of Boards 2013 and WIN a Subscription! / Boards Magazine /
Boards MagazineThe Boards team are now hard at work on the 2013 Autumn Winter edition of the bi-annual printed magazine. With three magazines in this new format now behind us, we are looking forward and aiming to produce yet another ma ..
- MauiSails on top at Kanaha - Carbon Art Challenge / Maui Sails /
Maui SailsThe second Maui Race series race was held this past Saturday at Kanaha beach park and was sponsored by Carbon Art windsurfing Boards who made it a memorable event. ..
- DEFI WIND 2013 / God Save The Wind /
God Save The WindDEFI WIND 2013 ..
- Video - Köster's Pre-Comp Sessions / Starboard Windsurfing /
Starboard WindsurfingAnother video, another dimension! Only a few...... ..
- Costa Brava PWA Report / Avanti Sails /
- Pozo from another point of view / God Save The Wind /
God Save The WindPozo from another point of view ..
- VIDEO: Defi Wind 2013 / Boards Magazine /
Boards MagazineAlmost 1000 windsurfers, storm force winds, 1 start line and 175 km of full speed racing. This is Defi Wind 2013. Stand by to watch the incredible spectacle that is Defi Wind: top speeds, big crashes, and A LOT of windsu ..
- Baja Babe / Boards Magazine /
Boards MagazineBoardseeker Babe and AWT Sarah Delaunay shares this beautiful video from her recent trip to Baja. This girl is seriously talented, not only can she rip windsurfing (check out her gauging turns) and on a SUP, it looks lik ..
- Menegatti Reports from Costa Brava / Starboard Windsurfing /
Starboard WindsurfingStrong from the first victory of his career on...... ..
- Micah Buzianis about PWA Costa Brava event / Maui Sails /
Maui SailsAnother light wind on the edge of racing event in the books. ..
- The time has come... / Stephen Gibson /
Stephen GibsonWell, after 5 years of increasing pain it's finally time to bite the bullet and go for long-awaited surgery on my buggered hip. I'm pencilled in for my hip resurfacing in the middle of July this year so am going to miss ..
- 2014 Random / God Save The Wind /
God Save The Wind2014 Random #Challenger 2014 #Ezzy 2014#MauiSails Ghost, Lengend e Mutant 2014#JP Quad 2014#RRD Firewave, Freewave e Vogue 2014#NorthSails Hero 2014#Severne Blade 2014#Starboard Flare e Wave 2014 ..
- Save the Oceans / God Save The Wind /
God Save The WindSave the Oceans ..
- Video: Did You See My Backloop? / Boards Magazine /
Boards MagazineRemember the excitement you get when you land a new move? The incredible feeling, and wanting to share this with the others on the water? Then being gutted when they missed you big move? Boards loves this video, pure una ..
- AWT 2013: Pistol River Wave Bash / Starboard Windsurfing /
Starboard WindsurfingThe American Windsurfing Tour’s Pistol River...... ..
- Monfalcone crowns 2013 Raceboard Youth and Masters world champions / Surfer Today /
Surfer TodayGiuseppe Zerillo and Pawel Gardasiewicz have been crowned the 2013 Raceboard Youth and Masters world champions, at Marina Julia, Monfalcone. The final day of windsurfing races saw one more race being run, for a total ..
- Keep La Franqui Open! / Boards Magazine /
Boards MagazineUpdate* there is now a Facebook group for the petition here and the group are encouraging you to leave a comment here with your view. Boards has found the news that yet more beloved windsurfing beaches are under threat s ..
- Video: Like Father, Like Son? Julian ‘Bubble’ Chambers on His Son’s Success / Boards Magazine /
Boards MagazineComing soon and produced by Global Shots, we find out more about top Club Vass coach and freestyle (and wave!) competitor Andy ‘Bubble’ Chambers, through the eyes of his father. Check out the trailer below ..
- Aruba High Winds Is Coming! / Boards Magazine /
Boards MagazineFancy a cheeky trip to the Caribbean? Aruba is one of the most beautiful windsurfing locations on the planet and it hosts the fantastic High Winds event, from 2nd to 8th July. Want to get involved? The 27th annual Aruba ..
- Jericoacoara / Continent Seven /
- Shaka – Youp Schmit / Continent Seven /
Continent Seven© filmed by Motionmanager ..
- Taty Frans about his racing in PWA Costa Brava / Maui Sails /
Maui SailsI had a really bad result this time in slalom. But I have won a lot of experience and this is important... ..
- Youth & Masters Raceboard Worlds - Event Recap / Starboard Windsurfing /
Starboard WindsurfingDay 5 Report: The Youth and Masters Raceboard...... ..
- 35 knots of Slalom Madness: BSA Worthing Video / Boards Magazine /
Boards MagazineAs Boards has already reported here, the UKWA Worthing event saw some incredible action in well over 30 knots of wind. If you’re wondering just what racing in 35 knots looks like, how hard it is and if you can hand ..
- UKWA Worthing: Dinsmore and Carmichael Victorious in over 35knots! / Boards Magazine /
Boards MagazineThe freestylers and slalom sailors that made it down to Worthing beach for the UKWA competition this weekend were treated to an incredible 35-40knots and stormy seas, making competition tough for even the most experience ..
- W4CR Goes with a Bang in the South West / Boards Magazine /
Boards MagazineOn Saturday the 15th of June across the country groups of people came together for the W4CR Sunrise to Sunset, to windsurf to raise money for cancer research. Here’s what happened at Siblyback lake in the South Wes ..
- Club Vassiliki Peak Season Deals! / Boards Magazine /
Boards MagazineThe very latest and best offers from the windsurfing paradise that is Club Vassiliki… 11 Aug – 3 wks for price of 2 wks – only 6 places! 18 Aug – 2 wks hotel holiday for price of Andromeda holid ..
- Windsurfing in Leucate Under Threat! / Boards Magazine /
Boards MagazineBoards has found the news that yet more beloved windsurfing beaches are under threat shocking, the latest place to potentially lose windsurfing access to some of it’s best beaches is the south of France. However, y ..
- Antoine Albeau sails to victory at the 2013 PWA Catalunya World Cup / Surfer Today /
Surfer TodayAntoine Albeau has conquered the 2013 PWA Catalunya World Cup, in Spain. The final took four hours to be completed, due to the gusty and shifty winds. Albeau has tasted his inaugural season triumph, on the beautiful s ..
- Sailin' Down the Road, Feeling Fine / Peconic Puffin /
Peconic PuffinNorth to NNE is not that typical a wind direction in Greater Peconica, and does not have an Approved Best Place to Windsurf in the Eastern Long Island Wind Chimp Association guidebook. But NNE is what we got Saturday mor ..
- NeilPryde Baltic Cup Preview / Neilpryde /
NeilprydePirita beach in Tallin will host the best windsurfers and kitesurfers from Europe and the Baltic states from 27-30 June, 2013. The NeilPryde Baltic Cup is an internationally recognised Formula windsurfing class racing ..
- Philip Koster Training / God Save The Wind /
God Save The WindPhilip Koster Training ..
- Interview with Antoine Albeau / Continent Seven /
Continent SevenAntoine Albeau wins the 2013 PWA Slalom at Costa Brava. We did a video interview with Antoine. ..
- Proffit’s Training Diaries: Pozo 2013 / Boards Magazine /
Boards MagazineThey are back! Ben Proffitt pops back onto our screens with the new series of training diaries direct from Pozo. With the PWA competition just a few weeks away many of the top sailors are making their way out to get to g ..
- Looping at 50 – Never Too Late To Learn! / Boards Magazine /
Boards MagazineThinking of learning to loop, but think you’re too young, too old or don’t have the right conditions? Take a leaf out of these guy’s book. A group of (almost!) 50 year olds headed over to Pozo, not exac ..
- Lizzie Smith: Summer So Far / Boards Magazine /
Boards MagazineDahab, Egypt is definitely one of the top spots in the world for freestyle, with many professional windsurfers heading there to hone their skills. Lizzie Smith from the UK is one of many talented sailors currently callin ..
- How to ensure that your SuperFreak Maui Ed. lasts several seasons / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiThis helpful video with demonstrate and explain how to ensure that you care for your SuperFreak Maui Ed. correctly so that you can enjoy it for many seasons to come. More to follow… ..
- Spinloop – Amado Vrieswijk / Continent Seven /
Continent SevenSpinloop by Amado Vrieswijk. ..
- PWA Slalom - Costa Brava: Event Summary / Starboard Windsurfing /
Starboard WindsurfingEvent Summary: A familiar face surrounded by two,...... ..
- Charter your FREE Phantom 295 for the 2013 European Tour / Starboard Windsurfing /
Starboard WindsurfingThat's right! Only five more days left and...... ..
- Carve 141 Wood, Windsurf (UK), June 2013 / Starboard Windsurfing /
Starboard WindsurfingThis test, amongst many others, was featured...... ..
- The RS:One Continues Its Journey / Neilpryde /
NeilprydeThe RS:One class powers on with the NeilPryde Racing Series in collaboration with the Extreme Sailing Series and in other organised independent events. The "24 Hour Auchan's Drive Team Relay" is scheduled for the 29th to ..
- Antoine Albeau Wins the PWA Catalunya World Cup / Neilpryde /
NeilprydeThe final day of the PWA Catalunya World Cup witnessed a mammoth final elimination, which took four hours to complete due to the gusty and shifty winds. After a long and largely frustrating afternoon, Antoine Albeau (RRD ..
- Jericoacoara / Continent Seven /
- PWA Slalom Costa Brava 2013 – Video Winners Final 4 / Continent Seven /
Continent SevenAntoine Albeau claims victory of the PWA Slalom at the Costa Brava. ..
- Galicia / Windsurf Britain /
Windsurf BritainI'd always wanted to visit Galicia, in the North West corner of Spain, but somehow never really made it. On van trips down through France and even into Spain and Portugal it just seemed too far, and mean driving past too ..
- The Black Box Tour in the UK / Starboard Windsurfing /
Starboard WindsurfingThis report was featured on BOARDS Magazine...... ..
- Double Forward Loop – Victor Fernandez Lopez / Continent Seven /
Continent SevenPerfect Double Forward Loop by Victor Fernandez in pretty light wind. Great technique. ..
- PWA Slalom - Costa Brava: Day 4 / Starboard Windsurfing /
Starboard WindsurfingDay 4: Maynard and Menegatti steal the show with...... ..
- 2013 RS:X EC & OYEC- Deadline for Entries / RSX Class /
RSX ClassLast call for entries for the 2013 RS:X European and Open Youth European Championships staged between 1st-7th July in Brest, France. The deadline is 16th June so hurry up! ..
- Open Bids for RS:X Championships - 4th July Meeting in Brest / RSX Class /
RSX ClassThere will be a meeting on 4th July, during 2013 RS:X European and Open Youth European Championships in Brest France, to discuss venues for future RS:X championships. All countries interested in staging RS:X event in nex ..
- 2013 RS:X Events Update- Youth Worlds, Asians, ICRJ International Cup in Rio / RSX Class /
RSX ClassCOMPETITION IN RIO DE JANEIRO - AUGUST The Iate Clube do Rio de Janeiro is pleased to invite RS:X sailors to take part in the 2013 RS:X ICRJ International Cup between the dates of 11th till 17th August. This will be the ..
- Windsurf Fever / Windsurf Britain /
Windsurf BritainEnough wind to go around for all today, enough to spare in fact. Windsurfing is so tiring, hardwork and explosive on the lungs. You really notice when you haven't been out for a while, even if trying to keep in shape ..
- Full length BE Maui 2013 Video by Akaku / Tatiana Howard (US-16) /
Tatiana Howard (US-16)The Butterfly Effect 2013 – Akaku TV Version from Tatiana Howard on Vimeo. ..
- Spanish Anyone?! / Tatiana Howard (US-16) /
Tatiana Howard (US-16)..
- Philip Köster Pre-Comp Sessions / Continent Seven /
Continent SevenAmazing. Another Philip Köster Clip with action from Pozo, Vargas and another spot. 4:40 minutes pure action. ..
- WINDSURFING IN ALACATI 2013 / Windwise /
WindwiseGreat windsurfing, sunshine, fab BBQ's, sunset adventures and the beautiful Alacati town! Read More... ..
- Proffitt’s Pozo Training Diaries 2013 – Part 1 / Continent Seven /
Continent SevenBen Proffitt's Pozo training diaries are back. Watch part 1 with some insider info directly from Pozo. ..
- Jericoacoara / Continent Seven /
- Flaka – Kiri Thode / Continent Seven /
Continent SevenPerfect Flaka by Kiri Thode. ..
- Video - Philip Köster: Jump Around! / Starboard Windsurfing /
Starboard WindsurfingThe 2-time PWA Waves World Champion Philip...... ..
- BRAWZINHO’S FIRST Pistol River AWT / Goya Windsurfing /
Goya WindsurfingTime for the team to hop back in their wetsuits, and off to the first Pistol River AWT event of the season. ..
- PWA Slalom Costa Brava 2013 – Elimination 3 / Continent Seven /
Continent SevenAlberto Menegatti wins the third elimination in front of Buzianis and Quentel. ..
- PWA Slalom Costa Brava 2013 – Elimination 2 Videos / Continent Seven /
Continent SevenFinian Maynard wins the second elimination in front of Patrik Diethelm and Antoine Albeau. Videos. ..
- HOT Italian freestyle results / Hot Sails Maui /
Hot Sails MauiSome great results just in from the Italian Freestyle Championships. New signing to the Italian Hot Sails Maui team, from Sporting Club Sardinia, Matteo Testa wins the Junior title with some impressive action. In the ma ..
- Winds kick up the "Ultimate Windsurf Game" / Surfer Today /
Surfer TodayA group of video game developers are working on the "Ultimate Windsurf Game", an update of the "Windsurfing MMX". It is still work in progress, but the windsurfing community can already test the early version of the " ..
- Backside Wave 360° – Philip Köster / Continent Seven /
Continent SevenThat's a pretty perfect and easy looking Backwind Wave 360° by Philip Köster. ..
- Legend of windsurfing Robby Naish hits 50 / Surfer Today /
Surfer TodayRobby Naish is widely considered the best and most complete windsurfer of all time. At 50, the iconic legend is still up and riding in the big waves of Hookipa and Jaws. Robert Staunton Naish was born on the 23rd Apri ..
- Share The Love / Boards Magazine /
Boards MagazineLet’s set the scene…We have reached the much longer for weekend, made it through another hectic week and finally there’s time to head to the local beach or lake and get on the water. It’s warm, su ..
- Sail For Gold – Dempsey and Shaw Celebrate, But Only Just / Boards Magazine /
Boards MagazineThe top RS:X windsurfers are back at Weymouth and Portland, this time it’s the top UK racers (Nick Dempsey and Bryony Shaw) joined by the growing pool of talented young racers looking to topple them from their top ..
- Windy Weekend Ahead! / Boards Magazine /
Boards MagazineMuch of the UK has already been treated to strong winds and warm weather this week, and it looks like the perfect windsurfing weather is set to continue across the weekend. Saturday in particular looks like it could prov ..
- Return to The Bowl / Peconic Puffin /
Peconic PuffinI had to get back to the city. Just as Rt. 39 turned to highway I began getting texts about "4.7 at the Bowl" but I had things to do in NYC. Ten minutes later it hit me. "What am... ..
- Stoked About Windsurf sess.. / Martin ten Hoeve /
Martin ten HoeveSo stoked about windsurf off today, in session 2 i was killing my self with double attemps ( is not mine move). Sess 3 was just to sick Wijk aan Zee mine local spot was on fire. Next to all the amazing wave riding I am ..
- Time For Some Family Fun? / Boards Magazine /
Boards MagazineDid you know Ocean Elements KIDS CLUBS are FREE? A fun packed, action packed week of activities for your kids to dip into and out of. They also offer the popular Youth Squad programme for the more committed young sailors ..
- Youth & Masters Raceboard Worlds - Event Report - Update / Starboard Windsurfing /
Starboard WindsurfingJust a little bit of the good ol’ planing here...... ..
- PWA Slalom - Costa Brava: Day 3 / Starboard Windsurfing /
Starboard WindsurfingDay 3: A day of two winds... The third day of...... ..
- Freestyle Project Bonifacio 2013 – BEST MOVE / Continent Seven /
Continent SevenThe 2013 Bonifacio Freestyle Project invited the best French freestyle sailors and some of the best freestyle riders from the rest of the world, to battle in different challenges against in each other on the ... ..
- Taty Frans signs the new Loco Pro freestyle sail / Surfer Today /
Surfer TodayMauiSails has launched the 2014 Loco Pro sail line. The four-batten leaf is signed by Taty Frans. The new Loco Pro keeps evolving. The successful sail line was completely redesigned around the four batten layout. Hav ..
- Gallery: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. This Week’s Top Pics. / Boards Magazine /
Boards MagazineThere are always great images making their way around the windsurfing world, from the classic Ho’okipa shot to another pro exploring a never before seen island. However, there’s a whole world of other photos ..
- Koester on Fire! But Who Can Take Down the Champ? / Boards Magazine /
Boards MagazinePhilip Koester is just plain showing off ahead of the first wave event of the year in Pozo, in just under a month. Do you think anyone can topple Koester from the top spot? Whilst this may be a tall order in Gran Canaria ..
- Porto Pollo / Continent Seven /
- Video feat. Philip Köster / Continent Seven /
Continent SevenPhilip Köster seems to be ready for the 1st PWA wave event of the year in Gran Canaria. Watch his latest video clip. ..
- Youth & Masters Raceboard Worlds - Event Report / Starboard Windsurfing /
Starboard WindsurfingThe Youth & Masters Raceboard World Championships...... ..
- Holger Beer at his home spot near Kiel, Germany / Maui Sails /
Maui SailsIt was quite onshore but it is always great to sail at this spot... ..
- Want to work for Boards? We are hiring! / Boards Magazine /
Boards MagazineAn opportunity has arisen to join the windsurfing team at Factory Media, working as a Sales Executive across Boards and Boardseeker. Interested? All the details are below… Role Description for Sales Executive (Wi ..
- MauiSails hits the bay for a wind-filled weekend of demos! / Maui Sails /
Maui SailsLast weekend the MauiSails crew headed to San Francisco to partner up with Sunset Sailboards and showcase the all new 2013 product line. ..
- PWA Slalom - Costa Brava: Day 2 / Starboard Windsurfing /
Starboard WindsurfingDay 2: First blood to Albeau as the reigning...... ..
- F2 & Maui Ultra Fins / Maui Ultra Fins /
Maui Ultra FinsAfter a 6 years successful partnership with Choco Fins, F2 stepping it up even more with the next technical developement by the revolutionary brand Maui Ultra Fins. The 2014 boards will be equipped with “MUF”, so 2 b ..
- Icingir Flying at PWA costa brava 2013 / Windsurfing Tour /
Windsurfing TourErtugrul Icingir TUR-1 was flying today at the second day of PWA costa brava, Icingir lead the first elimination of race 2 front start to finish. He was using the latest 45 soft IFJU fins… Congratulations and keep fl ..
- The Unexpected Sesh / Peconic Puffin /
Peconic Puffin"I didn't expect to sail today" I said. "I didn't expect to sail 4.7" Scott said. And so on. Through shear luck I was on my way out east when Jon called. "Sebonac!" I had work and chores and ..
- PWA Costa Brava event 2013 day 2 by Antoine Albeau / Windsurfing Tour /
Windsurfing TourA2 Today we managed to finish the slalom we started yesterday, I was on my 129 XFire and my 9.5 Evo5,I did all my heats together with Pieter Bjil who was also on 9.5 Evo5. The wind started to drop a bit for ..
- PWA Slalom Costa Brava 2013 – Pictures Day 2 / Continent Seven /
Continent SevenAntoine Albeau wins the first slalom elimination in front of Matteo Iachino and Cyril Moussilmani. ..
- PWA Slalom Costa Brava 2013 – Video Winners Final #1 / Continent Seven /
Continent SevenFull length video of the winners final of the first elimination with Antoine Albeau as the winner. ..
- PWA Slalom Costa Brava 2013 – Video Losers Final #1 / Continent Seven /
Continent SevenWatch the video of the losers final with Arnon Dagan winning in front of Steve Allen and Malte Reuscher. ..
- 2014 Loco Pro 4-batten dedicated freestyle sail / Maui Sails /
Maui SailsWorking closely with Taty Frans, MauiSails is excited to introduce the all new 2014 Loco Pro 4-batten freestyle sail. ..